Out of Stock

Out of stock


Two of our favourite producers from the Jura, together in one exploration duo wine pack, for lovers of skin contact white wines!

Firstly we have Domaine de la Tournelle “Ambre de Savagnin” 2019:

Ambre de Savagnin Tournelle, skin contact wine, rich, round, elegant, salty, savoury, complex, simply delicious natural wine. The second part of the fermentation is done in old Burgundy barrels with the skins. The malolactic fermentation happens naturally the following spring.  Barrels are topped up every 10 days without sulfites for a minimum of 18 months ageing. An excellent, salty, textural wine that would age but it well suited to a special occasion dinner with friends. 

Joining Tournelle is Domaine Labet “Maceration sur Charriere” 2019:

70% savagnin & 30% chardonnay grown on argile and blue marl. The Labets have been experimenting with macerations for 5 years or so, and have just begun releasing the results. 14 days of maceration with 65% of this seeing élevage in amphora with the remaining 35% in 230L barrels for one year. A beguiling and powerful expression that could signfie a new direction for the domaine