QUINTA MILÚ ROBLE RIBERA DEL DUERO

£15.95

Out of Stock

Out of stock

Description

Aromas of ripe dark fruits, black cardamom, licorice and peppery spices. Bright and pure, with great acidity and supple tannins.

This was a huge hit when we tried this as a team! We loved this as a new recommendation for a steak wine. Expect smokey, game & meaty flavours combined with dark concentrated cassis. It is a dry, high skin tannin, very gripping red wine that seems perfect for these wintery nights & richer meals. 

Grapes are sourced from the vineyards of La del Charly, La Peñuela, El Picón, La del Panadero, Sotillejo, Las Peñas, Peñas Saladas, Las de Sotillo, Porquera, Peña Lobera, Majadas Verdes and Galón, near the village of La Aguilera. Vines average 55 years of age and are planted on mainly clay and limestone soils with a planting density of 2,500 vines/ha. Altitude ranges from 870 to 908 metres above sea level.

Viticulture is organic and sustainable. 80% of the vines are gobelet-trained and the remaining 20% are trained in double Guyot. No irrigation is used.

The grapes are hand harvested with strict site selection, completely destemmed and must is fermented in 90% stainless steel and 10% open top oak barriques with minimal racking and punching down. Wine ages for a further 6 months in 400 and 500-litre old French and American oak barriques before being bottled unfined, unfiltered, and with minimal additions of sulphur.

100% Tempranillo

Organic farming.

Vegan friendly.

75cl